Thursday, March 3, 2011

Music to My Ears


My job offers such variety on a daily basis.

Last night, I was speaking with one of our Nursing Managers, Sarah C. We were discussing our Organ Donation process. Afterwards, she let me know that she is an Opera Singer - so cool. She is bringing in one of her DVDs for my listening pleasure - I can't wait to hear it.

This morning, I attended the Ethic Committee meeting. There was great discussion on the use of Clinical Ethical consults and ways we could build and improve it's role and relevance in our organization. Michael S., our VP for Mission Integration also discussed how this will fit well within our efforts as a High Reliability Organization - true "music to my ears". During the meeting, I heard guitar playing with a "tenor" sounding alarm going off approximately every 30 seconds.

When I left the Ethics meeting I went next door and found the alarm noise. One of our nursing groups was getting an in-service on its use. I asked Stacey K, one of our other Nurse Managers where they were playing the guitar. She let me know it was coming from next door. So, on my way I went again....and there it was a guitar player sharing his music with one of our support group.

Such great music to my ears all morning long...and it still had not hit 8 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment