Thursday, April 29, 2010

Where Did the Time Go?



Where do you focus your time? I have met with a lot of physicians, staff, volunteers and administrators this past week.



When I ask about issues and needs of their respective organizations, many have to do with tightening expenses, reduced revenues and increased customer expectations.



When I ask the time people personally spend on these issues, the most common answer has been less than 30% of their time is devoted to advancing their organizations. While this is certainly not a formal research statistic, it did surprise me. Most are just getting caught up in the day-to-day grind. It is easy to lose track of those hours, days, weeks and even months.



My focus remains on long-term direction of our organization, our growth plans and working with our associates, physicians and volunteers on the role they plan on advancing our organization.



Managing my time to stay focused on these things is always a challenge and one which I revisit on a regular basis to stay on track with my time management.
I look forward to your perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment