Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Visitor

This morning I went to visit a friend of mine in another area hospital. I spend thousands of hours each year in a hospital however it is always humbling when I am the visitor or patient. It is then that I take even more notice of the long hallways, signage, the environment, the interaction of staff with each other and with me. These experiences from time to time, are very difficult emotionally. However, they really do help me open my eyes even wider to my own surroundings and the experience we provide to our patients, community and each other.

I am very appreciative of all the work of our healthcare providers. We provide the compassion and care needed during very vulnerable times. We all know this and yet there are days like I had today where it is even more clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment