This morning, I toured our facilities with Larry Rubin (Facilities Management), NuNu Girma (Environmental Services-EVS) and Andrew Stonestreet (EVS). They provided the tour through their eyes. It was great getting their perspective. As Andrew said, it all starts with the first impression through our "Front Doors"...and there are many:
- Our Emergency Department where 50% of our inpatients first arrive;
- The "main entrance" where we welcome the majority of outpatients, visitors and families;
- Our Heart Institute and Womens' Health Center entrance;
- The associate, volunteer and physician parking entrances that help start our day;
- The Community Center utilized by thousands every year;
- Our loading docks and entrances for our many suppliers and vendors....the list goes on.
That first impression is so key and such an instrumental part of our welcome and the pride we have in our organization. We then traveled to other parts of the hospital...the Emergency Department, outpatient areas, inpatient rooms and high traffic hallways.
We all play an important role in keeping our organization a welcoming environment for the thousands we serve in our communities.
Thank you Andrew, Larry and NuNu for sharing the organization through "your eyes."