I just met with our Health Information Management team and they brought up some great questions. Ever since we started our Safety Huddles, we bring up key issues we need to address. In many ways, it can be scary to look ourselves in the mirror and understand what we do well and what we could do better.
How many of us take a good hard look at our lives and assess where we want to be in 1 year, 5 years, 10 years or even next week for that matter. This could refer to our health, financial situation, relationships. What do we look at to understand where we currently stand and what we need to do to meet our futre objectives.
Safety Huddles help us look at ourselves in the mirror and keep each other accountable. It is truly one of my favorite times of the day as I get a real sense of what is happening in our organization:
1. Are we doing what we should be doing?
2. What process issues do we need to address now and/or in the future?
3. What support do we need today to ensure the safest environment?
4. Did we resolve an issue or process that we said we would resolve?
5. What are we doing really well so we could continue to share our great stories?
At times, it is painful to in the mirror and focus on what is working well and what could work better.
As always comes down to what we do with that information.