Friday, September 11, 2009

Many Reasons to be Proud



My basketball game, singing prowess and ability to fix things around the house are just a few things I am not proud of in my personal life. But professionally I am so proud to work at St. Joseph Medical Center and I see the pride that others have as well. I spoke to Duane in Security soon after I started at SJMC about 15 months ago, and he shared that “employee pride” was something he wanted to see more of. I feel we have a lot to be proud of here at SJMC. A few examples:

Sister Margaret of our Senior’s Clinic was recently honored with a nomination for a Frontliners Award from the Center for Practical Bioethics. Criteria for the award include respect for the dignity of others, professional competence, willingness to provide compassionate care to all people and appreciation for ethical dialogue. Sr. Margaret is an outstanding example of someone who takes pride in her work and that pride spills over into excellent patient care and service to our mission.

The SJ Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program has obtained Certification from the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). This process has been a two year venture with success achieved by the hard work of members of Pulmonary Rehab clinical and physician staff. With this recognition we are now the only certified Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program in Kansas City.

Our SJMC facilities department announced a few days ago that we had reduced our energy consumption by 5% over the past year. This translates into a benefit to our planet as well as our balance sheet.

We are all very proud of our newly remodeled Food Court and coffee shop pictured below. We are happy that we can offer such a beautiful and functional area for our patients, families and employees to enjoy a meal or a snack.


As I said, there are many things to be proud of here at SJMC. And yes, I will still try to work on my basketball game…but there is very little hope.

I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment